"And He took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them." (Mark 10:16)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Brunch fundraiser update

Laura here.  I've always heard the saying "It takes a village," and never really understood it until yesterday.  I am not good at asking for help. I like to think I can do things myself or just find a way to get it done without having to "bother" anyone.  As God works on me in this adoption process and continually reminds me I can't do it alone, I am learning more about the power of community and reaching out for help.  It's not about bothering anyone.  It's about inviting others to be part of the calling.  And it truly does "take a village."

We had over 40 volunteers with us at our brunch yesterday (pictured below).  They worked hard from 9:30am-2:30pm to be paid in chicken casserole and a t-shirt.  They did this because they love us, because they love our boys, because they care about orphans.   

We are humbled and blessed to report raising a total of $9,283 at our brunch!  Thanks to all of you who served, stopped by to eat, and prayed for these efforts!  After this fundraiser and previous gifts, we are just a little over half way to our needed funds to bring our sons home. 

T-shirts are still available and can be purchased through the link on the right of the blog.  We also have a few other fundraisers in the works and will post more details as they are available. 

Believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment